In the Emmanuel Community young people reach out to young people. In the climate and culture of today the works of the Community have the aim to help young people:
- To encounter Christ personally and live this each day
- To become rooted in the Faith and be formed and grow as committed
- Catholics in the world
- To proclaim Christ to other young people that they encounter.
The Community also organises:
- Groups to Youth Events such as Australian Catholic Youth Forum (ACYF)
- Pilgrimages – “In the Footsteps of Jesus” Holy Lands and WYD Krakow 2016
- The Emmanuel School of Mission (ESM) – a year for praying, formation and experiencing fraternal and missionary life
In 2017 the Community started running a young adults mission, for ages 18-25 called ‘Fire and Hope.’ The aim of our mission is to form young people as missionaries by having a monthly youth mass at St Anne’s in South Strathfield, followed by a time of praise and a teaching on some aspect of mission.
Fortnightly formation and Sharing groups for young adults.
“Overall the Australian Catholic Youth Festival was a great experience not only for me but for every young person who went. I personally, learned that people,especially young people must not be afraid to profess their faith. This was said many times in different words and forms. An example of this was when Archbishop Mark Coleridge said,”You must be part of this world but not of it”. I also felt that the Lord was talking to me and telling me how much he loved me, through the adoration which took place at one of the plenary sessions, also through the mass at the domain. My favorite part were the plenaries which took place in the Qudos Bank Arena. This was when everyone got together and had times of laughter and fun with the music, seriousness and a mixture of emotions with the testimonies and stories, and the moments of spirituality, prayer and adoration together.” – Jacques Morrissey